Tuesday, January 17, 2012

on superhero photo

Sometimes I see something and want so badly to freeze frame it but when I try to the image on the back of the camera doesn't look the way I think it should.  And maybe that's a good thing, maybe that means that what I see in nature can't always be recreated, but really I know that it just means that I don't know what I am doing with this camera contraption.  So I signed up for a course through Superhero Photo.  Not a "how to" photography course but a "let's play and see what happens" photography course.  I don't expect to become a photographer over night, but I love what it's doing to me so far.  That it's reminding me to slow down and look a little more closely.  And now I just have to get out of the office during the day so I can take something other than the moon or sunsets. 

moon out the kitchen window
sunset out the work window (someone else's, I don't actually have a window)
from the parking lot of the Red Hook Fairway



2 comments:

  1. Lovely shots.

    The working inside all day thing KILLS photography opportunities. I basically only ever get to shoot on the weekends, which is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i especially like that last photo! nice work!

    ReplyDelete