Tuesday, July 5, 2011

on slowing down

Last night, as fireworks went off all along the horizon around us, I didn't look at the time.  I didn't wonder about the parking lot of traffic that might be out there on 95.  I didn't worry about waking up this morning and being overtired*.  I sat on a beach chair on the lawn in front of Justin and Mary's house and soaked it in.  It's new for me, but I'm trying to slow down**.  And when we left it wasn't late, there was no traffic, and this morning we weren't sleepy.  But if it was, if we were, it would have been okay.  I have to keep reminding myself of that.


 


*Yes, overtired, sometimes I confuse myself with a toddler. 
**It seems I'm not the only one, Mary just wrote a post about the same thing.

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love! Thank you guys SO much for being there. For helping us remember to slow down.

    Love yoU!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great meeting you guys! ... and tel Mike to keep practicing for next year!

    ReplyDelete