Wednesday, June 29, 2011

on a long way

Tomorrow my Dad and stepmom pack up the Volvo and head to Dallas from their part of the year home in San Miguel de Allende.  From Dallas my stepmom will fly to LA to see my stepbrother and stepsister and my Dad will continue on to my aunt and uncle's in Little Rock.  After that, the drive north toward New York.  I'm not sure what his planned route is, but below is what Google Maps tells me is the fastest way.  But if I know my Dad, and I do, the fastest way is not always the best way (although after a week of driving maybe it will be).  Because the fastest way is probably not the most interesting or maybe the fastest way is the same route he drove down last September and the man just doesn't feel right going the same way he came. 

So here it is.  The long way back.  I can't wait.


**UPDATE: My Dad is back in NY and confirmed that he would never take the way that google maps told him to.  So he cut across Tennessee and drove through Shenandoah National Park.  I should have known.

No comments:

Post a Comment